Quantcast

How to 'rotate' a 3D plot?

Alexander Dietz-3
Hi,

I have successfully created a 3D scatter plot with mplot3d, but how
can I rotate the plot around e.g. the z-axis?

I do not want to use the user interface but I would like to use a
command to do that. But I could not find good documentation anywhere
and the commands attributed to the Axes3D also do not show anything
obvious.

Thanks
  Alex

Re: How to 'rotate' a 3D plot?

Ben Axelrod
There is an uncommented, and therefore undocumented function:

axes3d.view_init(elev, azim)

that you can use to rotate the axes.  If you have not already, I suggest you use the current SVN version of MPL instead of the 0.99.1 version.  Mplot3d has some more features in the trunk, but it is still rough around the edges.

-Ben

Re: How to 'rotate' a 3D plot?

Alexander Dietz-3
Thanks a lot, that seems to work!