Quantcast

How to increase space between labels ( x or Y)

How to increase space between labels ( x or Y)

lara
My y labels are variables ( eg. name1, nam2, nam3,...)
How to increase space between name1 and name2 in yaxis since name1 and name2 are overlaping with each other

note I have already 25 labels so assigned each 1 space for 25 variables in the yaxis , I dont want to alter anyting in the scale but want to make more space between labels so it wont overlap

thanks in advance

Re: How to increase space between labels ( x or Y)

tcaswell
Iara,

I think your options are to make the font smaller or to make the figure bigger.  See the discussion in gitter around https://gitter.im/matplotlib/matplotlib?at=5887cf54e836bf701088dbf3 for what I think is the same issue.

Tom