Country Boundary from a shapefile: Matplotlib, basemap

Country Boundary from a shapefile: Matplotlib, basemap

Dhirendra Kumar
I am a new user at matplotlib. I am trying to plot a variable from netCDF file averaged over time for India. I wish to read and add the country outline from a shapefile (boundary only).

I was successful in plotting the shapefile and the data individually but could not overlay the shapefile boundary over the plot.
Is there a way to do it in matplotlib or basemap? what I am looking for looks like this

image.png
Thanks
Dhirendra

Dhirendra Kumar