Choosing a Backend

Amit Yaron
Gi,

When I publish or send a Matplotlib script that uses 'gtk3agg' or
'tkagg', can I just be sure that the recipients can use the backend my
script does?

Re: Choosing a Backend

tcaswell
No, the available backends are determined by the packages installed by your client.  That said, many (but not all) distributions of Python include the tk bindings so if you want the highest probability of your users having the backend of choice, go with tkagg.

That said, depending on what you are doing, you may be able to get away with the GUI agnostic widgets.

Tom

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 9:44 AM Amit Yaron <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gi,

When I publish or send a Matplotlib script that uses 'gtk3agg' or
'tkagg', can I just be sure that the recipients can use the backend my
script does?

Re: Choosing a Backend

Amit Yaron
Thanks a lot for your answer.