Changing font

Kauê da Silva Sena

I've set
rc('text', usetex=True)
following the instructions of this link:

Now I'd like to set the default font of my graphs as Utopia.  But it seems that it is not possible through the usual rc parameter settings as said in this piece of text from the link:
#text.usetex         : False  # use latex for all text handling. The following fonts
                              # are supported through the usual rc parameter settings:
                              # new century schoolbook, bookman, times, palatino,
                              # zapf chancery, charter, serif, sans-serif, helvetica,
                              # avant garde, courier, monospace, computer modern roman,
                              # computer modern sans serif, computer modern typewriter
                              # If another font is desired which can loaded using the
                              # LaTeX \usepackage command, please inquire at the
                              # matplotlib mailing list
This font is said to be available.
#font.serif          : DejaVu Serif, Bitstream Vera Serif, New Century Schoolbook, Century Schoolbook L, Utopia, ITC Bookman, Bookman, Nimbus Roman No9 L, Times New Roman, Times, Palatino, Charter, serif
I would apreciate to learn how to make this work.
Kauê