Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50b01) with this library (version 0x50b02) Aborted (core dumped)

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50b01) with this library (version 0x50b02) Aborted (core dumped)

jiapei100

My code was running correctly, but now with the following ERROR message:

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50b01) with this library (version 0x50b02)
Aborted (core dumped)

I actually just want to use matplotlib as:

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import matplotlib.dates as md

Now, whenever I want to use matplotlib, I got the above error...

Can anybody help?

Cheers

--

Pei JIA, Ph.D.

cell in Canada:    +1 778-863-5816
cell in China: +86 186-8244-3503

Welcome to Vision Open
http://www.visionopen.com

Re: Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50b01) with this library (version 0x50b02) Aborted (core dumped)

tcaswell
Can you do

import PyQt

without error?  I suspect this is due to installation issues between Qt and PyQt versions.

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 10:50 AM Benjamin Root <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

This post was updated on .
I can successfully do

import PyQt5

-----
Welcome to Longer Vision
[url]http://www.longervision.ca[/url]
--
Sent from: http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/matplotlib-users-f3.html

Re: Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50b01) with this library (version 0x50b02) Aborted (core dumped)

jiapei100

Yes, exactly...

$ pip3 show matplotlib
Name: matplotlib
Version: 3.0.0
Author: John D. Hunter, Michael Droettboom
Author-email: [hidden email]
License: BSD
Location: ~/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages
Requires: cycler, python-dateutil, kiwisolver, pyparsing, numpy
Required-by: seaborn, scikit-image, pycocotools

-----
Welcome to Longer Vision
[url]http://www.longervision.ca[/url]
--
Sent from: http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/matplotlib-users-f3.html

Re: Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50b01) with this library (version 0x50b02) Aborted (core dumped)

jiapei100

Yes, exactly...

<code>
$ pip3 show matplotlib
Name: matplotlib
Version: 3.0.0

Re: Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50b01) with this library (version 0x50b02) Aborted (core dumped)

jiapei100

Problem solved...
I upgraded from Qt5.11.1 to Qt5.11.2, and reinstalled PyQt5 ...

Thank you everyone...

-----