About unstructured grid plotting in 3D

谢瑾博
Dear Users,
I am currently trying to map a grid of unstructured topography on 3D in python. The data which I am using is in 1d, where another x and y are in 1d. I see that the need for plot_surface is 2d X,Y,Z. I wonder if there is a way I can transform the data to plot for view in topography, or the plot_surface or alternative functions can be used to simply apply the 1d arrays?
PS. Below is the large grid that overlays on the unstructured grid.
yours,
Jinbo

Re: About unstructured grid plotting in 3D

Ian Thomas-8
Hello Jinbo,

The online documentation for mplot3d is at https://matplotlib.org/3.1.0/tutorials/toolkits/mplot3d.html and includes a section entitled "Tri-Surface Plots". That would be a good place to start.

Ian Thomas

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 at 12:14, 谢瑾博 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Users,
I am currently trying to map a grid of unstructured topography on 3D in python. The data which I am using is in 1d, where another x and y are in 1d. I see that the need for plot_surface is 2d X,Y,Z. I wonder if there is a way I can transform the data to plot for view in topography, or the plot_surface or alternative functions can be used to simply apply the 1d arrays?
PS. Below is the large grid that overlays on the unstructured grid.
yours,
Jinbo

Re: About unstructured grid plotting in 3D

谢瑾博
Thanks Ian,
I think this is the most appropriate way for me to do it.
yours,
Jinbo

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 at 12:14, 谢瑾博 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Users,
I am currently trying to map a grid of unstructured topography on 3D in python. The data which I am using is in 1d, where another x and y are in 1d. I see that the need for plot_surface is 2d X,Y,Z. I wonder if there is a way I can transform the data to plot for view in topography, or the plot_surface or alternative functions can be used to simply apply the 1d arrays?
PS. Below is the large grid that overlays on the unstructured grid.
yours,
Jinbo

Dr. Jinbo Xie
State Key Laboratory of Numerical Modeling for Atmospheric Sciences and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics (LASG)
Institute of Atmospheric Physics,Chinese Academy of Sciences
Tel:86-10-8299-5419(o)