ANN: EuroSciPy 2008 Conference - Leipzig, Germany

ANN: EuroSciPy 2008 Conference - Leipzig, Germany

Travis Vaught
Greetings,

We're pleased to announce the EuroSciPy 2008 Conference to be held in
Leipzig, Germany on July 26-27, 2008.

http://www.scipy.org/EuroSciPy2008

We are very excited to create a venue for the European community of
users of the Python programming language in science. This conference
will bring the presentations and collaboration that we've enjoyed at
Caltech each year closer to home for many users of SciPy, NumPy and
Python generally--with a similar focus and schedule.

Call for Participation:
----------------------
If you are a scientist using Python for your computational work, we'd
love to have you formally present your results, methods or
experiences. To apply to present a talk at this year's EuroSciPy,
please submit an abstract of your talk as a PDF, MS Word or plain text
file to [hidden email]. The deadline for abstract submission
is April 30, 2008. Papers and/or presentation slides are acceptable
and are due by June 15, 2008. Presentations will be allotted 30 minutes.

Registration:
------------
Registration will open April 1, 2008. The registration fee will be
100.00€ for early registrants and will increase to 150.00€ for late
registration. Registration will include breakfast, snacks and lunch
for Saturday and Sunday.

Volunteers Welcome:
------------------
If you're interested in volunteering to help organize things, please
email us at [hidden email].

Re: EuroSciPy 2008 Conference - Leipzig, Germany

kgmuller
Travis,
A great initiative! I will attend and will submit an abstract of a
presentation on SimPy (Simulation in Python) and how this project will be
brought closer to SciPy.

Any  idea where in Leipzig the conference will be held? I want to book a
hotel in the vicinity of the conference site.

Klaus Müller

Re: ANN: EuroSciPy 2008 Conference - Leipzig, Germany

Phillip95
Thanks a ton for the conference details. I missed this conference as it was on my birthday and I was quite busy that day. I threw a blasting party for my friends and family at the best rooftop bar nyc venue.