3D

vincent_mathoscope
hi
happy christmas !
i have some projects with 3D impressions and i am wondering which would be the best solution in order to use my some of my equations still written in matplotlib
what would you advise me to create some 3D drawings ? i need the functionality to export my pictures in STL format
thanks
        ––––––––––––––––––––––––––
                  Vincent Douce
               :=: Mathoscope :=:
             http://mathoscope.xyz
                 06°13°11°07°26
          Bagnères de Bigorre 65200

        ––––––––––––––––––––––––––
                  Vincent Douce
               :=: Mathoscope :=:
             http://mathoscope.xyz
                 06°13°11°07°26
          Bagnères de Bigorre 65200

Re: 3D

Benjamin Root
If you need to export to STL format, nothing in matplotlib will be able to do that, unfortunately. The mplo3d toolkit "fakes" 3D support by squashing everything down to 2D before saving or rendering. There are a bunch of other projects in the python world that might be interesting, but I have no clue if they support STL exports:

vispy
glumpy
mayavi

There are probably others, but I can't recall them at the moment.

I hope that helps!
Ben Root

On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 5:04 AM, Vincent Douce Mathoscope <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi
happy christmas !
i have some projects with 3D impressions and i am wondering which would be the best solution in order to use my some of my equations still written in matplotlib
what would you advise me to create some 3D drawings ? i need the functionality to export my pictures in STL format
thanks
        ––––––––––––––––––––––––––
                  Vincent Douce
               :=: Mathoscope :=:
             http://mathoscope.xyz
                 06°13°11°07°26
          Bagnères de Bigorre 65200

Re: 3D

vincent_mathoscope
thanks Ben i will have a look
Blender does not seem to be the right tool because it is really more "bezier/spline" oriented than "math curves"
someone on a Blender forum has advised me MathMod that seems ok but not python-compatible
anyway it gets out of the subjet of the list
Vincent